BECOME A KANSAS LOTTERY RETAILER
What Can The Lottery Do For You?
- Increase profits - get your share of over $13 million in
retailer earnings. (Fiscal Year 2007).
- Add fun and excitement - In-store promotional opportunities are
- Give your customers an opportunity to win millions in prize
- Allow cross merchandising opportunities.
- Customer Traffic - add to the products you offer with minimal
start up costs. Equipment, supplies and promotional support
- Advertising support - take advantage of the multi-media
advertising campaigns and the excitement the Lottery provides. Free
point-of-sale is provided.
- Customer Service - a Lottery District Manager is assigned to
regularly call on your account to provide inventory, supplies,
training, and support.
It's Easy To Start
- Complete Application
- Pass criminal background
- ADA approval
- $150 application fee (This is a non-refundable fee.)
- $10 weekly communication charge
- Dedicated electricity
- 5% selling commission
- 1% cashing commission on all prizes under $600
- 2% cashing commission on all Keno and Kansas Hold'em prizes
- 1% selling commission on prizes over $599 with a $10 minimum
and $100 maximum
- $10,000 selling bonus for a Powerball jackpot winner
- $2,500 selling bonus for a Hot Lotto jackpot winner
- $1,000 selling bonus for a Super Kansas Cash jackpot
- $1,000 selling bonus for prizes of $100,000 or more
Flexible Cash Flow Options For Your
Consignment option available for instant products. Retailers are
not required to pay for a pack of instant tickets until 60 days
after it has been activated (offered for sale) or until 80% of the
average number of prizes for that pack has been claimed, whichever
Weekly statements provided showing all activity for the period
and the amount to be billed or credited to your lottery
1/4 of 1% (.0025) of on-line sales produced on your terminal is
provided to compensate for errors. For example: $100 X .0025 = $.25.
Retailer applications are available for download in
a pdf format.
If you would like more information about becoming a retailer, please call 1-800-322-5688 and ask for the Director of Sales Randy Shields, or email Randy.Shields@kslottery.net. Randy will be happy to assist you and answer any question you may have.