HOW TO PLAY POWERBALL
Powerball jackpots start at $40 million. There are 9 ways to win and if you match the first 5 numbers with Power Play, you are guaranteed a $2 million cash prize!
- Ask the store clerk for a Quick Pick (QP) ticket or fill out a play slip. Each play slip has five boards. Each board costs $2. Each board contains two sets of numbers: one set from 1 through 69 and the second set from 1 through 26.
- To play a board, pick five numbers from the set of 69 numbers, and one number (the Powerball number) from the set of 26 numbers. Fill in the circle for the numbers you wish to play. Do not use red ink and do not erase. If you make an error, mark the VOID circle, and then make selections on another board.
- You may purchase the same boards for up to 15 consecutive draws on one single ticket when you check the appropriate number of draws in the "multi-draw" circle.
- You may select QP and have the computer randomly pick the numbers for you. Either mark the QP option on the play slip for up to five boards and your desired multi-draw option or ask the store clerk for a QP ticket for up to 10 boards and your desired multi-draw option.
- To multiply any prize won by 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X or 10X** (except for the Match 5 prize and the Jackpot*), mark the Power Play® circle or tell the clerk you want the Power Play® option. This will add an additional cost of $1 for each board played.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled after issued. You are responsible for the selection of your numbers and options, not the retailer nor the Lottery.
* The Match 5 prize will NOT be multiplied and will remain at
$2 million for a Match 5+0 win when the Power Play® option is purchased as an
add-on to the Powerball play. The Jackpot prize is not included in the Power
Play® multiplier option.
** The 10X multiplier will only be used when the jackpot is $150 million or less.